Thursday, May 30, 2013

Guacamole - TGIV (Thank God it's Vegan!)

TGIV - yes.....Thank God it's vegan.  I love guacamole!  Just give me the bowl and I will finish it.  When you have 3 very ripe avocado's sitting on your kitchen counter, well, guacamole is the answer!  I found this over at Food Network.  Since eating vegan I really don't go over to that site much anymore but I did find this recipe while online searching for a guacamole recipe.  This is really good.  Hard to believe that I have never made my own guacamole before but I just never got around to it.  I have way more fruits and vegetables in my fridge now so I'm sure that I will be making more and more recipes that I haven't tried before.

The weather down here in Virginia has been gorgeous.  In the low 90's and sunny. I love it. I've been waiting anxiously for summer and it's finally here!  And this is a perfect recipe for this time of year.....

3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tbs of cilantro, chopped

In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.  Drain, and reserve the lime juice after all the avocados have been coated.  Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and mash.  Then fold in the onions, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.  Add the reserved lime juice.  Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and serve.

10 comments:

  1. Well, who would have guessed that I eat vegan from time to time? lol I LOVE guacamole.. and with added jalapenos, it's da bomb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new blog, Debbie. The guacamole sounds perfectly delicious. I hopeyou are in for a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade guacamole is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Debbie, I love guacamole. It is a favorite.
    I am glad the weather is beautiful and you are enjoying it. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know about your new vegan blog! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I'd be able to give up guac if it wasn't veg! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. --I could devour guacamole for every singe meal the rest of my life.

    This looks FAB ! mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could eat a bucket of this. So dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Debbie, Just dropping by to say hello and thank you for the visit. I hope all is well. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love guacamole. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete